Here are some surprising facts about the TV series “Game of Thrones”:
- “Game of Thrones” was originally pitched to HBO as a movie, but the network ultimately decided to turn it into a TV series.
- The show’s creators, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, had never written a TV show before “Game of Thrones”.
- The show’s title, “Game of Thrones”, refers to the ongoing struggle for control of the Iron Throne, the seat of power in the fictional kingdom of Westeros.
- Many of the show’s characters are based on real historical figures, including Daenerys Targaryen, who is based on the historical figure Genghis Khan, and Joffrey Baratheon, who is based on King Henry VIII.
- The show’s opening credits sequence, which features a map of Westeros and the locations visited in each episode, was created by a studio called Elastic. It took them over a year to complete.
- The show’s costume designer, Michele Clapton, won an Emmy for her work on the show.
- The show’s composer, Ramin Djawadi, created a live concert experience called “Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience”, which features music from the show performed by a live orchestra and choir.
- The show’s final season received widespread criticism from fans and critics, and its series finale was the second-lowest-rated episode in the show’s history.